Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Beginning of a New Journey


The Creation:
These are cupcakes that I made for a friend's graduation party. They are chocolate and strawberry cupcakes with vanilla buttercream frosting, and fondant toppers. All of the little diplomas were time consuming, yet so simple to make!

The Journey:
Most people look at graduation as an ending to some of the best years of their life. While many people are "prepared" and know exactly what is next for them after they graduate, others struggle to find the perfect path for them. When I graduated from college a year ago, I had absolutely no idea what was next for me. I have always had a wide variety of interests, so I had a difficult time feeling like I had to choose just one path. But if there is one thing I could have told myself when I first began this journey, it would be to not worry so much about arriving at the end so quickly. Because all of it is a journey that is worth taking. Throughout this journey, you will learn about your limits, and what you can handle, which is often much more than you thought. You will also learn about the things you enjoy, and things you do not, which makes you grateful when you are able to do what you love.

Final Thought:
Find something that you love doing so much you would be willing to do it for free.

Happy Trails,

Amanda


2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I simply love your new venture, not just becuause these cupcakes benefited ME at my grad party =) but b/c they did symbolize great JOY in sharing my accomplieshement with the people i love. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pastry creation yet again--and I love your 'final thought'. So true! Keep it up!
    xoxo,
    www.hollyinheels.com

    ReplyDelete